Last Updated on March 9, 2021 by the staff of TheAllElectricLawn
So you are looking for a relatively inexpensive lawn mower. If so you might be in the market for an electric mower. Electric mowers are a great alternative to gas lawn mowers and they cost much less. In this post, we will take a look at several different lawn mowers and find the best electric lawn mower under $100.
- 1 Why should you choose an Electric Lawn Mower for your yard?
- 2 Electric Mowers are Better than Gas Mowers
- 3 What about a Battery Powered Lawn Mower
- 4 So what kind of electric lawn mower can you get for $100
- 5 Electric Lawn Mowers Under $100
- 6 Which electric mower under $100 would you choose?
Why should you choose an Electric Lawn Mower for your yard?
The single most common answer is less noise. Another plus is that electric lawn mowers require little to no maintenance on the equipment. For corded electric lawn mowers which we will be looking at today, you pretty much just have to do is sharpen or replace mower blades. Corded electric lawn mowers are very light and are easy to push. Electric rates, in general, are usually much cheaper than the price you will pay for gas.
Electric Mowers are Better than Gas Mowers
Corded electric lawn mowers are better than gas lawn mowers for a few reasons:
- Zero emissions, which is much better for the environment
- Electric mowers are much quieter
- No gas to buy, which makes the cost of ownership cheaper
- You don’t have to store and maintain gas supplies at your home
I actually completely switched to electric powered outdoor lawn equipment recently, and I am happy I made the decision.
What about a Battery Powered Lawn Mower
Well to be honest, at the $100 price point, you can’t buy a battery powered mower. Battery powered electric lawn mowers are more expensive due to the price of the batteries it requires to run a lawn mower. However, battery powered lawn mowers will allow some benefits over their corded counterparts. The benefit of being cordless allows you to cut your lawn and not be tied to the nearest electrical outlet.
What are the disadvantages of a corded electric lawn mower?
So corded lawn mowers are limited in range. You can only be as far as your extension cord and electrical outlets will allow. This means corded mowers are only good for small lawns or small areas that need cutting. One other thing to remember is the cutting width. With the smaller cutting widths between 14inchs – 18inches, you might have to make many passes to cut your lawn. Cord management can be an issue as well, you don’t want to run over your extension cord.
So what kind of electric lawn mower can you get for $100
- a corded mower, there really are no battery powered mowers at this range
- 9amp – 12amp powered motors
- 14inch – 18inch cutting width
- mulching and bagging capabilities depending on the model
- multiple position height adjustment
It really is surprising that you can get all these features at such an inexpensive price.
We hope you love the products we recommend! If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Electric Lawn Mowers Under $100
In no particular order, here are five great electric lawn mowers under $100.
The American Lawn Mower company may be most known for its old-fashion reel mowers, but this lawn mower is of the electric variety. The mower has a smallish 14inch cut but can be had in larger cutting widths but not in the sub $100 price range. This mower would be great for smaller yards and has a powerful 11-Amp motor, to cut through that thick grass with ease. Check out some of its features below.
- The American Lawn Mower electric corded push mower provides a clean, reliable cut.
- The 11-Amp motor is powerful enough to tackle the tough mowing jobs
- Great from small lawns
- starts with just a push of a button. The mower has an adjustable handle length, that can accommodate many different types of users.
- 14-inch cutting width,
- 1 in. to 2. 5 in. high with the 5-position cutting height options.
- features a grass bag with a level indicator allowing users to know when the bag is full.
- lightweight and easy to operate and even easy to store when not in use.
The Sun Joe MJ-HVR12E is quite the unique lawn mower. It is actually a hover mower that floats just above the surface. So there are no actual wheels on this lawn mower. This mower has an 11″ wide cutting path and is good for sloped and small yards.
- 10 amp motor provides power which generates an impressive 7000 RPM.
- 3 rotating cutting blades provide a crisp even cut
- Hover capability allows you to cut in any path.
- The blades are easily replaced and the mower includes 30 replacement blades.
- Compact and lightweight less than 10lbs for easy maneuverability, and easy storage
The Black and Decker BESTA512CM is a very unique mower in that it is also a string trimmer and an edger. The mower has powerful 6.5 amp mower with power drive transmission. The mower has 12″ cutting width which rivals some of the more traditional electric mowers in this comparison. The mower is light with has an adjustable handle.
- 6.5 amp motor with power drive transmission has plenty of power for weeds and grass
- Great for small yards and the ability to convert to an edger and trimmer is a plus
- Adjustable height from 1.6 inches to 2.4 inches
- An auto feeding spool keeps you from having to stop and bump the spool for more trimmer string
- Lightweight and adjustable handle and adjustable height positions provide maximum comfort.
The Sun Joe Mow Joe is a great little 14″ cutting width mower for smaller lawns. Sun Joe manufactures many different types of electric lawn and outdoor power equipment. This mower has a strong 12amp motor and detachable bagger. It should have no issues handling the cutting duties of a smaller yard.
- Powerful 12-amp motor
- 14-inch wide cutting path
- 3 position height adjustment 1.18 inches to 2.52 inches
- Detachable Grass catcher
- Compact and lightweight (only 29 lbs) for easy maneuvering
- Easy push-button start
- Rugged all-terrain wheels
- Collapsible handle for easy storage
The Ryobi 13in 11amp Corded Electric push mower has many top-notch features you can find on way more expensive mowers. The mower is portable and lightweight. It has a powerful 11amp motor and has a single lever height adjustment, with a 13-inch cutting width, which should be great for smaller lawns and areas of your yard that a larger mower can’t get to.
- 13 inch wide cutting width
- The mower is lightweight at only 23 pounds
- Powerful 11 amp motor
- Single lever height adjustment from 1inch to 2 1/2 inches
- Easy collapsable handle for easy storage
Which electric mower under $100 would you choose?
Well, you can’t make a bad decision with any of the mowers listed in this post. Each one can easily cut grass in small yards. However, if I had to choose one corded electric mower I would take a look at the Sun Joe Mow Joe 12-Amp 14-in Corded Electric Lawn Mower. These mowers can take care of your lawn mowing needs, do it without using gas, without a lot of maintenance, and without spending a bunch of money. If you need a new lawn mower and don’t have or want to spend over $100, check out the mowers above, and give an electric powered corded lawn mower a chance I don’t think you will be disappointed. Let’s go cut some grass.
Lawn Mower Manufacturers Mentioned in this Post