Last Updated on January 4, 2021 by the staff of TheAllElectricLawn
When the weather changes and the cool temps start creeping in, the trees start shedding there leaves. The best way to deal with fallen leaves is with a leaf blower. Many folks are switching from gas powered leaf blowers to battery powered leaf blowers. Let’s find out what is the best battery operated leaf blower 2021 edition.
Why choose a battery powered leaf blower?
Personally, I believe that battery operated leaf blowers are perfect for the average homeowner. Battery powered leaf blowers are better than gas powered leaf blowers for several reasons.
- Battery powered leaf blowers are much quieter than a gas engine counterparts
- Better for the environment, no harmful emissions
- Push button or trigger style starting
- No gas to maintain or store
- No mixing of gas and oil
- Lighter weight
Just popping a freshly charged battery onto the blower and you are ready to start blowing leaves. No more hard starting recoil starters for you. Really the convenience, ease of use, and less maintenance are ideal for the homeowners. Frankly, I moved to all electric equipment for my home, and have never looked back.
Features to look for in a battery operated leaf blower
Here are a few of the key features that I think someone would want to consider when trying to determine what to look for in a battery operated leaf blower
- Battery capacity – the larger the volts the more powerful the blower and runtime
- Light Weight – choose a blower that is comfortable for you to carry
- High CFM and MPH suitable for the tasks you intend to use the blower for. Higher and faster means more powerful
- Adjustable speed settings – allowing you to adjust the speed of the blower for your work task
- Low Noise level – quieter blowers are just more comfortable to operated
- Included Battery and Charger – this might seem obvious but if you don’t already have a battery and charger it is a must. Also having an extra battery never hurts
Do you need a lot of power for a leaf blower?
It really depends on what you are wanting to blow around or clean off. Any battery powered leaf blower on the market today can handle sweeping off driveways and pavement. They can also handle any leaves that might get on your patio or deck; Those are pretty lightweight tasks. If the leaves are soaking wet and ankle-deep you are going to want to look at some of the more powerful models
If you need to move large amounts of leaves, wet leaves, and small twigs, you need to choose a battery powered leaf blower with more voltage and airspeed. Most modern leaf blowers range from 18v – 80v, with the 30v – 60v range being the sweet spot at the moment.
CFM vs MPH
CFM = Cubic Feet per Minute . That is the cubic feet of air that the leaf blower manages to blow at full power.
MPH = Miles per Hour rating. That is the miles per hour wind speed the blower pushes out at full power.
The CFM rating is the one that matters the most when moving leaves. Use the amount of CFM’s to determine the job you want to do. You will often see CFM and MPH numbers on the sides of the blower body.
If you need more information, check out what you should be looking for in a battery operated leaf blower.
We hope you love the products we recommend! If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Best Battery Operated Leaf Blower 2021
Let’s take a look at some of the best battery operated leaf blowers for 2021. These blowers will suit a wide range of duties from smaller sweeper type leaf blowers to full-on backpack style blowers for larger leaf cleaning tasks.
This EGO blower knocks it out of the park with super long runtimes and strong CFM and MPH numbers. This is the cream of the crop with hand held blowers. This blower is a little on the heavy side, but with its impressive power, you will have your leaves cleaned up in no time at all.
- 5.0 Ah 56-Volt ARC lithium battery can power all EGO products
- Variable-speed control
- 225-580 CFM/168 mph performance
- Up to 3 hours of run time on efficiency mode
- Weather-resistant construction
- Weighs 12.5 lbs
RYOBI has a winner on its hands with this super quiet and powerful backpack blower. This is a go-to if you need to move lots of material and need longer runtimes to get the job done. This blower has dual 40V battery capability, though it only runs on one battery at a time.
- Industry’s quietest backpack blower
- Accepts dual 40V batteries for extended runtimes.
- CROSSFORCE Fan Technology and brushless motor
- 625 CFM/145 MPH performance
- Variable speed throttle and cruise control
- Adjustable straps and contoured back
Snapper has been known for its quality lawn mowers in the past, but they have now jumped into the battery powered lawn equipment category. The Snapper XD 82V has impressive CFM and MPH performance. The massive 82V battery provides long runtimes and great performance.
- Up to 40-minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V lithium ion 2.0Ah battery
- 550 CFM / 130 MPH performance
- Infinite speed control maintains desired airflow along with a stable, anti-tip base design
- Metal tube bumps/scrape-protecting end ring and push button start
- Quiet operation with no maintenance
- Weighs 8.38 pounds
This EGO backpack blower along with the RYOBI backpack blower below takes the cordless blower to another level. The EGO backpack blower has awesome runtimes and very strong CFM and MPH numbers. While on the heavier side the weight is easily managed by shoulder straps. Choose a backpack blower when you have to move large amounts of leaves or need long run times.
- Hi-efficiency brushless motor with
- Variable speed control
- Powerful 5.0 Ah Arc-Lithium battery is compatible with all EGO POWER + products
- Adjustable harness with a waist belt for comfort during both long and short work sessions
- 320 CFM (gentle) to 600 CFM (turbo) /145 MPH performance
- Weighs 12.9 lbs
The Worx WG584 is a great battery powered blower offering a powerful 40V battery power via 2x20V batteries. The blower has turbo boost that kicks up the CFM and MPH numbers to move those stubborn piles of leaves.
- TURBINE fan technology delivers forceful, high-capacity air volume, Hyper-Stream air nozzle handles extra tough conditions
- Weighs 7.3 lbs
- Variable speed control with TURBO boost
- Powerful 40V MaxLithium battery from 2 20V batteries
- 300- 470 CFM/60 -95 MPH performance
This Sun Joe 24V has long runtimes and is pretty light weight for a blower in this class. It also offers decent CFM and MPH numbers. This blower might be better suited for cleaning off hard surface areas like decks, driveways, and sidewalks.
- 24-volt 2.0 Ah jet blower
- sleek and lightweight
- 5 adjustable speed settings to suit the sweeping task
- Up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime on a single charge
- Weighs 6.3 lbs
- 385 CFM/100 MPH performance
This Dewalt blower joins many of the other 20V MAX line of outdoor power tools that use the 20V MAX batteries. This blower offers impressive performance for a 20V blower with a high CFM number which will get the leaves moving in the direction you want them to.
- Brushless Motor maximizing motor efficiency and durability
- Innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- 400 CFM/90 MPH performance
- Variable trigger and speed lock.
- Weighs 9.7 lbs
- Includes 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery, along with charge
- RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ system
- Jet fan design for power
- 280 CFM/100 MPH
- Variable speed trigger for more control
- Debris scraper for loosening stubborn dirt and leaves
- Weighs 6.2 lbs
So what is the best battery operated leaf blower of 2021?
Well, truthfully you can’t go wrong with either one of these models. However, if I had to pick, I would actually pick two.
I think the RYOBI backpack blower is the cream of the crop when it comes to backpack-style blowers that are battery operated. With the combination of performance, dual batteries, and battery life you can’t go wrong with that model. I actually own this model and was pleasantly surprised by the quietness of the blower. It is much quieter than any of my other electric blowers.
For handhelds, I would have to give the nod to the EGO 56v Blower. It has extreme power for a handheld and excellent battery life. As far as handheld blowers go, this is top of the line model.
So get out there and show those leaves who is boss this fall.