When the weather changes and the cool temps start creeping in, the trees start shedding there leaves. The best way to deal with fallen leaves is with a leaf blower. Many folks are switching from gas powered leaf blowers to battery powered leaf blowers. Let’s find out what is the best battery operated leaf blower 2019 edition.
Why choose a battery powered leaf blower?
Personally, I believe that battery operated leaf blowers are perfect for the average home owner. Battery powered leaf blowers are better than gas powered leaf blowers for several reasons.
- Battery powered leaf blowers are much quieter than a gas engine counterparts
- Better for the environment, no harmful emissions
- Push button or trigger style starting
- No gas to maintain or store
- No mixing of gas and oil
- Lighter weight
Just popping a freshly charged battery onto the blower and you are ready to start blowing leaves. No more hard starting recoil starters for you. Really the convenience, easy of use, and less maintenance are ideal for the homeowners. Frankly, I moved to all electric equipment for my home, and have never looked back.
Features to look for in a battery operated leaf blower
Here are a few of the key features that I think someone would want to consider when trying to determine what to look for in a battery operated leaf blower
- Battery capacity – the larger the volts the more powerful the blower and runtime
- Light Weight – choose a blower that is comfortable for you to carry
- High CFM and MPH suitable for the tasks you intend to use the blower for. Higher and faster means more powerful
- Adjustable speed settings – allowing you to adjust the speed of the blower for your work task
- Low Noise level – quieter blowers are just more comfortable to operated
- Included Battery and Charger – this might seem obvious but if you don’t already have a battery and charger it is a must. Also having an extra battery never hurts
Do you need a lot of power for a leaf blower?
It really depends on what you are wanting to blow around or clean off. Any battery powered leaf blower on the market today can handle sweeping off driveways and pavement. They can also handle any leaves that might get on your patio or deck; Those are pretty lightweight tasks. If the leaves are soaking wet and ankle-deep you are going to want to look at some of the more powerful models
If you need to move large amounts of leaves, wet leaves, and small twigs, you need to choose a battery powered leaf blower with more voltage and airspeed. Most modern leaf blowers range from 18v – 80v, with the 30v – 60v range being the sweet spot at the moment.
CFM vs MPH
CFM = Cubic Feet per Minute . That is the cubic feet of air that the leaf blower manages to blow at full power.
MPH = Miles per Hour rating. That is the miles per hour wind speed the blower pushes out at full power.
The CFM rating is the one that matters the most when moving leaves. Use the amount of CFM’s to determine the job you want to do. You will often see CFM and MPH numbers on the sides of the blower body.
If you need more information, check out what you should be looking for in a battery operated leaf blower.
We hope you love the products we recommend! If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Best Battery Operated Leaf Blower 2019
Let’s take a look at some of the best battery operated leaf blowers for 2019. These blowers will suit a wide range or duties from smaller sweeper type leaf blowers to full on backpack style blowers for larger leaf cleaning tasks.
- Up to 40-minutes run time with the Briggs & Stratton 82V lithium ion 2.0Ah battery
- 550 CFM / 130 MPH performance
- Infinite speed control maintains desired airflow along with a stable, anti-tip base design
- Metal tube bumps/scrape-protecting end ring and push button start
- Quiet operation with no maintenance
- Weighs 8.38 pounds
- TURBINE fan technology delivers forceful, high-capacity air volume, Hyper-Stream air nozzle handles extra tough conditions
- Weighs 8.1 lbs
- Variable speed control with TURBO boost
- Powerful 56V MaxLithium battery
- 265 – 465 CFM/60 -120 MPH performance
- 24-volt 2.0 Ah jet blower
- sleek and lightweight
- 5 adjustable speed settings to suit the sweeping task
- Up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime on a single charge
- Weighs 6.3 lbs
- 385 CFM/100 MPH performance
- Brushless Motor maximizing motor efficiency and durability
- Innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- 400 CFM/90 MPH performance
- Variable trigger and speed lock.
- Weighs 9.7 lbs
- Includes 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery, along with charge
- Hi-efficiency brushless motor with
- Variable speed control
- Powerful 5.0 Ah Arc-Lithium battery is compatible with all EGO POWER + products
- Adjustable harness with a waist belt for comfort during both long and short work sessions
- 320 CFM (gentle) to 600 CFM (turbo) /145 MPH performance
- Weighs 12.9 lbs
- RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ system
- Jet fan design for power
- 280 CFM/100 MPH
- Variable speed trigger for more control
- Debris scraper for loosening stubborn dirt and leaves
- Weighs 6.2 lbs
- 5.0 Ah 56-Volt ARC lithium battery can power all EGO products
- Variable-speed control
- 225-580 CFM/168 mph performance
- Up to 3 hours of run time on efficiency mode
- Weather-resistant construction
- Weighs 12.5 lbs
- Industry’s quietest backpack blower
- Accepts dual 40V batteries for extended runtimes.
- CROSSFORCE Fan Technology and brushless motor
- 625 CFM/145 MPH performance
- Variable speed throttle and cruise control
- Adjustable straps and contoured back
So what is the best battery operated leaf blower of 2019?
Well, truthfully you can’t go wrong with either one of these models. However, if I had to pick, I would actually pick two.
I think the RYOBI backpack blower is the cream of the crop when it comes to backpack style blowers that are battery operated. With the combination of performance, dual batteries, and battery life you can’t go wrong with that model.
For handhelds, I would have to give the nod to the EGO 56v Blower. It has extreme power for a handheld and excellent battery life. As far as handheld blowers go, this is top of the line model.
So get out there and show those leaves who is boss this fall.